Medical aid companies all offer the same products, right? Wrong!
Medihelp knows people’s needs are different, which is why our 2013 range of medical aid products is designed to suit different lifestyles, ages and pockets – from a network medical aid package (an ideal option for low-income earners) all the way to premium medical aid plans for high-income earners.
We also understand that you and your family deserve the very best in healthcare – that’s why Medihelp is the South African medical aid company on which you can rely. Our medical aid products will not only provide you with peace of mind in the event of an unfortunate medical emergency, with medical cover for major medical procedures, but will also assist you in maintaining your good health – every day.
Take a look at our great products:
If you earn R7 500 or less per month, consider subscribing to Necesse, an affordable medical aid network option that focuses on making private healthcare accessible to more South Africans – with no overall annual limit! Primary healthcare services are provided by specific network doctors or providers, and the benefit option includes a hospital plan, cover for medical emergencies and insured day-to-day benefits. Subscription for this medical benefit option is based on income.
Read more about Necesse…
Dimension Prime 1
Read more about Dimension Prime 1… Dimension Prime 2
Healthy individuals and families who’re looking for something more – comprehensive cover for medical emergencies and hospitalisation plus a medical savings account, where unutilised funds for day-to-day medical expenses can accumulate – choose Dimension Prime 2. Add to that our preventative care benefits, and you have healthcare you deserve, at a price you can afford.
Read more about Dimension Prime 2… Dimension Prime 3
With comprehensive cover for medical emergencies and hospitalisation, insured day-to-day benefits and preventative care benefits, this medical aid plan offers excellent benefits and outstanding value for money.
Read more about Dimension Prime 3… Dimension Elite
If you prefer to provide for your extensive day-to-day healthcare needs by way of insured medical benefits, then opt for this premium medical aid option from Medihelp, which features comprehensive medical aid cover for medical emergencies, hospitalisation and preventative care benefits.
Read more about Dimension Elite…
- Preventative care – focuses on the early detection of high-risk diseases like diabetes or heart disease, thereby avoiding costly in-hospital care down the line. Available on all Dimension medical aid products.
- Major medical benefits – these are the costs associated with major medical events, in-hospital care and certain major out-of-hospital procedures performed in a doctor’s rooms, like stitching a wound, for example.
- Day-to-day benefits – these are the everyday costs associated with primary healthcare (out-of-hospital) for ailments like colds and flu, tummy bugs, and allergies.
Network option medical aid plans offer you excellent value for money, reducing the cost of medical care and making basic yet quality day-to-day cover accessible at affordable rates. The plans make use of a designated network of service providers. Some network options, like Necesse, have income categories, meaning the amount you contribute every month depends on how much you earn.
Traditional medical plans, like the Dimension Elite option, are also called comprehensive medical plans. You have access to extensive benefits, with such plans covering almost all medical expenses, including in-hospital benefits and day-to-day benefits, subject to the rules of the Scheme and/or benefit option. You are also able to choose from a wide range of healthcare professionals.
Having good medical care is essential. But with so many options out there, how do you ensure that a specific medical aid plan will suit your unique needs?
First, work out what your budget is – a good rule of thumb is to opt for the best medical aid plan that you can afford. Then, identify your healthcare needs by asking yourself these questions:
- Do you have any chronic medical conditions? If your answer is no, then a hospital plan will suffice, but if your answer is yes then a comprehensive medical plan with a savings or day-to-day benefit component that includes cover for chronic medicine would be a better bet.
- How often do you visit the doctor? If you consult your doctor regularly, you need to consider a comprehensive plan which offers day-to-day benefits.
- Do you use acute medicine? If you’re healthy and active but require medicine from time to time for short-term illnesses, then consider going for a hospital plan with a savings plan such as Dimension Prime 2.
- Do you use specialist services? If so, opt for a comprehensive plan.
- Are you aware of any medical treatment you might need in future? Then it’s best to get on to a premium medical plan now!
- Before you sign on the dotted line, ensure you’re familiar with the benefits associated with the product you choose. Ask a registered Medihelp broker to contact you to explain our products in detail.
- To assess your medical aid plan yearly to determine if it’s still the correct choice for you.