Wellness tips for busy people
- by Medihelp
- 22 February 2018
- 753 view(s)
Honouring your healthy lifestyle New Year’s resolution doesn’t have to be time-consuming or expensive – it’s about taking consistent action over time. Here are our top easy tips for health and wellness that you can incorporate into your daily routine.
Join Medihelp MultiSport for runners, walkers and cyclists in Gauteng North. Pay only R250 for your annual membership and get the following:
- Free entry to Medihelp-sponsored sporting events
- 50% discount on Medihelp-branded cycling and running gear
- A club starter pack
- Access to relevant information, including a free monthly newsletter – visit https://lifestages.medihelp.co.za/register and follow the instructions to join
- Raise your heart rate for 30 minutes, 3 times a week
- Take the stairs
- Join a hiking club
- Spend time outdoors
- Choose whole food as your primary nutrition source
- Prepare most of your food yourself so you control the contents
- Eat as much fresh, raw fruit & veggies as possible
- Eat your rainbow – choose fruit & veggies in different colours
- Make healthy choices most of the time
- Add fibre to your diet
- Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water per day
- Limit your caffeine intake
- Dilute fruit juice with water to reduce your sugar consumption
- Food containing refined sugar
- Saturated fats
- Deep-fried food
- Processed food
- You need 7 to 8 hours’ sleep per night
- Follow a soothing night-time routine to induce healthy sleeping patterns
- Take regular breaks during the day to ensure you’re not over stimulated or stressed at night
- Join HealthPrint to track your health effortlessly. Visit https://lifestages.medihelp.co.za/login click on “Register” and follow the easy steps.
- Go for your annual health check-ups (cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure and BMI measurement).
- Register on Medihelp’s secured website for members and get access to an onlinepre-authorisation function, view your claims and contribution details, change your personal details and manage your Medihelp accounts and benefits.
- If you’ve already registered on the secured website, download the Medihelp app on your smartphone for access to an e-membership card, online pre-authorisation,your HealthPrint information and a network provider locator. You can download the app from Google Play for Android devices or iTunes for iOS devices.