Does Medihelp offer dental benefits?
Yes. Medihelp’s dental benefits differ per plan, so always check your plan’s benefits before you undergo any treatment. Visit Medihelp’s Member Zone to find details of your dental benefits, or phone us on 086 0100 678. You can also find this information on Medihelp’s member app, available on iStore and Google Play.
Does Medihelp use a preferred provider for dental treatment?
Yes: Dental Risk Company (DRC) is a dental managed care solutions provider and is Medihelp’s preferred provider. DRC provides dental benefits in partnership with more than 2 200 dentists in South Africa.
How does the dental network apply to me?
MedMove! and MedElect members must use a DRC network dentist to qualify for benefits. Services will be paid from your available day-to-day benefits.
Members of all other options may visit any dentist, and benefits are paid from your available dental benefits or from your savings account.
When do I need pre-authorisation?
You must obtain pre-authorisation for dental procedures performed under general anaesthesia in hospital or under conscious sedation in the dentist’s chair, as well as for specialised dental services such as crowns and bridges, implants, and partial metal frame dentures.
When will out-of-pocket expenses apply?
- When the services exceed your available dental benefits, amounts, cycles or quantities as specified by your benefit option
- For maxillofacial surgery and oral pathology
- If DRC protocols weren’t followed
- A 20% co-payment will apply if you don’t obtain pre-authorisation for services
- A 35% co-payment will apply if members of the network plans voluntarily make use of a non-network day procedure facility and if members of non-network plans don’t obtain dental services in a day procedure facility. MedMove! members who voluntarily make use of a non-network day procedure facility for dental procedures will have a co-payment of R11 250.
- MedElect and MedMove! members who use non-network dentists will be liable for the full account